The DC Live Business Process
and Records Management
Conference & Expo
BPM & Workflow • 5015.2 Records Management • Auto-Categorization
Capstone • SharePoint Integration • Case Management • FOIA • e-Discovery
Redaction • Information Lifecycle Governance • Private Cloud • More
April 21, 2015 | Washington DC
Open to Both Government and Commercial Sector Attendees
This Event is Pre-Approved for CRM Certification Maintenance Credits
Conference Details • Agenda & Session Topics • FOSE • CRM Credits
The Conference Caravan is heading to Washington DC for a brand new, expanded free ECM, BPM, RMA, RIM, and IG event at the DC Live Business Process & Records Management (and SharePoint) Conference & Expo for Commercial and Government organizations on April 21st!
Come hear and interact with an impressive lineup of thought leaders and industry professionals discussing hot Business Process, Records Management, and Information Governance topics, best practices, and real-world solutions in our BPM & RM Speakers Theater, and visit with technology innovators and education insiders showcasing new technologies and leading discussions related to current issues in our hands-on, Interactive BPM & RM Technology Lab Pop-Up Workshop.
#BPMRM2015 is shaping up to become the top spring DC destination for targeted education, technology advancements, and critical industry networking in BPM & RIM.
Our last 2 DC events SOLD OUT, so we're tripling the size and scope of anything we've done before to meet your demand. But don't delay... this is a limited-attendance event and spaces will go fast, so we encourage you to register for free for your spot now.
If you used to attend the now-canceled FOSE show, this is the replacement event you've been waiting for! Looking for a great companion event to ARMA, right here in Washington? This is your perfect show. We've got all this - plus star-power!
And - Certified Records Managers - this Conference is pre-approved for 7.0 CRM Certification Maintenance Credits (CMP) from ICRM, the Institute of Certified Records Managers towards CRM renewal, so register today for free points!
- ONE DAY ONLY: Tuesday, April 21, 2015
- TIME: Sign-In: 7:30am. Breakfast: 8am. Conference: 8:30am - 5pm.
- WHERE: Capital Hilton, 1001 16th St NW, Washington DC
- COST: FREE for all attendees
- CREDITS: Pre-approved for 7.0 Certification Maintenance Credits (CMP) from ICRM
- SCHEDULE: See our Schedule Page
- SPEAKER BIOS / SESSION SUMMARIES: See our Speakers and Sessions Page
- REGISTRATION: Click the button below
This event is free and open to everyone:
- BPM Professionals, Records Managers, IT Personnel, Support Engineers, and SharePoint Users & Managers
- Government and Commercial Organizations, Private & Public Sector Representatives, Armed Forces & DoD, Intelligence Community, Civilian Agencies, Legislative, NGO's, Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical & HealthCare, Financial & Insurance, Legal & Intellectual Property, and Higher Education
- Agents, Contractors, Consultants, Executives, Administrators
- Those that have attended FOSE in the past and are looking for a replacement technology event
- Those that have attended AIIM, ARMA, EA, and similar shows looking for a companion event in DC
- Anyone wanting to gain a better understanding of new horizons in today's Business Processes & Records Management Automation.
What You'll See
DC Live will focus on a variety of critical Process Management topics:
- Improving Workflow and BPM througout the Enterprise
- New solutions in 5015.2 Records Management (and why DoD-certification is important to non-government businesses, too)
- The Capstone email initiative (and your alternatives)
- Keeping your data, information, and business secure
- Real-world solutions for Email Auto-Categorization
- Overcoming security issues while staying on plan and budget
- The keys to evaluating BPM and RMA software and solutions
- New technologies in Case Management for e-Discovery and FOIA
- Staying up with - and ahead of - a complex regulatory environment
- Super-charging (and loving) your SharePoint environment with 5015.2-certified legacy integration
- How to achieve proper Records Management inside SharePoint
- New horizons in Information and Lifecycle Governance
- Protecting secure and classified documents with Private Cloud File Sharing
- and more (including provided hot breakfast and lunch buffets!)
Robert has published over 100 articles in computer trade journals, with a specialty in the Content and Records Management industry, yet his first book was Five People You Meet in Hell, his story about surviving Hurricane Katrina. His other books include Managing Electronic Records, Information Governance, Taming the Email Tiger, and Safeguarding Critical E-Documents, as well as Prisoners of Katrina and Jackson Squared. He has appeared on NPR, C-SPAN, ABCNews.com, and BBC Radio, and in The Washington Post and Wall Street Journal.
The Industry Welcome Address, Information LifeCycle Management (ILM): The Birth, Life, and Death of Information, will be presented by Mitch Farbstein, Vice President of Government Sales at Feith and Dean of Records Management University.
Mitch has made the technology industry his home for 40 years, with a focus on ECM & architecting Enterprise Solutions for the last 30, where his strong technical background and knowledge of a diversity of platforms provide a foundation for architecting Enterprise Solutions. Mitch regularly presents at various national conferences, seminars, and webinars, and is a graduate of Bucknell University, where he was a Heisman Trophy candidate and is enshrined in their Athletic Hall-of-Fame.
Plus additional special presentation speakers and discussions of critical topics featuring some of the most-respected leaders in the industry:
- Carol Keuch, Conference Chair & Executive Board Member, AIIM International National Capital Chapter
- David Vitter, STS Program Manager, KLC Networks, Government Contract Manager
- Tom Edwards LTC USA (Ret.), Chairman Emeritus, NVCC Information Technology Advisory Committee
- Maura Dunn, Author, and President, TrailBlazer Consulting
- And more
Additionally, all attendees will be entered into a drawing to win one of three signed copies of of Keynote Speaker Robert Smallwood's books, Managing Electronic Records: Methods, Best Practices, and Technologies, Information Governance: Concepts, Strategies, and Best Practices and The Five People You Meet in Hell: Surviving Katrina!
BPM & RM Speakers Theater:
- Information LifeCycle Management (ILM): The Birth, Life, and Death of Information, Mitch Farbstein
- Information Governance Challenges in Today’s Era of Big Data and Colossal Breaches, Robert Smallwood
Speakers Theater Sessions
- Managing Processes Within Your Information Lifecycle Management Plan: Your Risks and Security Issues, Carol Keuch
- How To Evaluate ECM, BPM, and RM Solution Systems: Where To Start and What You Need To Know Before You Buy, David Vitter
- Records, the Records Management Spider Web, and You, Tom Edwards
- Managing Electronic Records: Challenges in Today’s Complex Business Regulatory Environment, Robert Smallwood
- Robust BPM Takes More Than SharePoint, Maura Dunn
- RMA, Case Management, FOIA, e-Discovery, Culture Change, Workflow, the Information Lifecycle, 5015.2 Certification, SharePoint Integration, and more!
Interactive Q&A Panel Town Hall
- With our full complement of Industry Professionals & Thought Leaders... and your questions!
BPM & RM Technology Lab:
In the interactive, hands-on BPM & Records Management Technology Lab Pop-Up Workshop Auditorium, visit booths - each manned by a technology expert - where we’ll showcase new technologies related to current issues and real-world needs through solutions demonstration, as well as lead discussions on each of the topics.
- Business Process Management & Workflow
- Email Records Management
- e-Content Records Management
- Email Auto-Categorization
- SuperCharging SharePoint with 5015.2 Integration
- Easing e-Discovery
- Case Management (including FOIA and Privacy Act)
- The Future of Solutions for ECM, BPM, RMA, and IG
But Wait, There's More:
- Interactive One-on-One Breakout Sessions with Process, Records Management, IG, and SharePoint Integration Specialists
- Technology Providers showcasing the latest in BPM and Records Management solutions
- Personal discussion opportunities, chat sessions, special offers, and book signings with our esteemed Industry Professionals on Speakers' Row
- Invaluable Inter- and Intra-Industry Networking
- Full complimentary hot morning breakfast buffet and mid-day meal
The DC Live Process & Records Management Conference & Expo is pre-approved for 7.0 Certification Maintenance Credits (CMP) from ICRM, the Institute of Certified Records Managers, as an educational event. Please contact us for details on how to earn Certified Records Manager (CRM) credits for attending.
If you have not already heard, we bring you the sad word that the 37-year run of the FOSE Government Technology Conference & Expo has ended, and will not return for 2015. The loss of the most important technology show for Government leaves a large hole in the pipeline between you and the education, development, new technology innovations, and networking that you came to expect when you attended FOSE.
As a 15-year attendee and exhibitor at FOSE ourselves, we are disappointed by this loss as much as you are. Whether you attended yourself personally, or others in your organization frequented the show, you know how important being on the floor of FOSE was for the Government technology community.
That's why we decided we were not going to sit around and wait for the next important event to present itself... we'd create the next important event ourselves.
We very much want to give you the forum for the one-on-one education, technology advancements, and critical industry networking you won't have at FOSE anymore. If you were a regular FOSE attendee, register for this event now. The DC Live Conference is not associated with FOSE nor 1105 Media.
Print Your Reminder Postcards