Thursday April 28, 2016 • Mayflower Hotel • Washington DCBPM & Workflow • 5015.2 Records Management • SharePoint Integration • Information Governance • Lifecycle Management • Auto-Categorization • Capstone • Process Privacy & Security • Case Management • Technology Evaluation, Acquisition, and Implementation • Culture Change & Organizational Energy • Digital Trust • e-Discovery • FOIA/PA • Secure Private Cloud • and More (subject to change)
FREE | Live | 5 CRM & 5 IGP Credits | Breakfast & Lunch Provided
The FREE DC LIVE! Business Process & Records Management Conference and Expo – a full-day, live Business Process Management, Records Management, SharePoint, and Information Governance event – is back again in Washington with all-new speakers, all-new topics, and all-new sessions.
DC LIVE! is an exclusive CRM/IGP-accredited event for all: Commercial & Government, Private & Public, Novice & Expert, and you!
Since its inception in 2008, DC LIVE! has grown to become the top DC destination for targeted education, technology advancements, and critical industry networking in BPM, RIM, and iG. With nearly 1,000 registrants, our 2015 sessions sold out quickly, so don’t delay… this is a limited-attendance event and free seats will go fast. Register for your free spot now before they’re all gone. Oh, and breakfast and lunch will be available, so there’s no excuse!
The DC LIVE! educational Process & Records Management Conference consists of two concurrently-active educational spaces in which to participate:
- Come hear and visit with our impressive lineup of engaging thought leaders & industry professionals headlining the event in our Speakers Education Theater, discussing hot Business Process, Records Management, and iGovernance topics, issues & challenges, best practices, and real-world solutions. All our speakers will be available for networking and conversation as well.
- Join our technology innovators and education insiders showcasing new technologies and leading discussions related to current issues in our hands-on, Interactive Technology Pop-Up Lab.
- The day concludes with our lively and engaging afternoon Featured Speakers Town Hall Panel Q&A – which has become the talk of the town – and a special prize giveaway, so be sure to stick around for the duration of the event.
With attendees from a broad spectrum of commercial sectors and nearly every federal government agency, this event is an unequaled DC-area inter- and intra-industry ECM networking opportunity, so don’t miss out on the chance to meet with esteemed industry professionals, colleagues, educators, and experts.
Attention Certified Records Managers and Information Governance Professionals: This Conference is approved for 5 CRM Certification Maintenance Credits from ICRM and 5 IGP Certification Credits from ARMA towards continuing education and certification renewals.
- Date: Thursday April 28, 2016
- Time: Sign-In: 7:30am. Breakfast: 8am. Conference: 8:30am – 4:00pm.
- Location: Mayflower Hotel Conference Center, East & State Rooms, 1127 Connecticut Avenue NW, Washington DC
- Cost: FREE for all attendees
- Credits: 5 CRM Certified Maintenance Point Credits from ICRM, and 5 Information Governance IGP Credits from ARMA
- Schedule & Agenda: Click here
- Session Summaries & Speaker Bios: See summaries below or Click here for full details
- Questions & Comments: email@example.com
- Registration: Registration is Closed
Who It’s For
This event is free and open to everyone:
- BPM professionals, Records Managers, IT personnel, Information Governance, Support Engineers, SharePoint users/developers
- Commercial, Government, and Non-Profit organizations, Private & Public Sector representatives
- Executive Branch Agencies, DoD & Armed Forces, Intelligence Community, Civilian Agencies, Legislative, NGO’s
- State, District, County, City, and Local Government employees and officials
- Manufacturing, Retail, Energy, Higher Education, Legal & IP, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, Financial, Insurance
- Agents, contractors, consultants, executives, administrators, and users
- Attendees from FOSE in the past looking for a replacement technology event
- Attendees from ARMA, AIIM, Acquire, EA, InfoGovCon, KM World, eDRM, Collaborate, Fusion, Oracle, and similar shows looking for a companion event in DC
- Anyone wanting to gain a better understanding of new horizons in today’s Business Processes & Records Management Automation.
Speakers Education Theater Presenters and Presentations
The Opening Keynote Address
, Achieving Digital Trust in Process Management & Information Governance: A New Way of Thinking
, will be presented by Jeffrey Ritter
, author of best-selling book “Achieving Digital Trust
” and featured lecturer at both Oxford University and Johns Hopkins University.
Jeffrey Ritter currently serves as an External Lecturer at two of the world’s great universities for computer science, Johns Hopkins University and the University of Oxford, where he teaches graduate level courses in privacy engineering, information governance, and information security policy design. His career includes legal services to global corporations, leadership in the work of the United Nations and the American Bar Association, and ongoing academic research and writing on digital trust. His latest book is Achieving Digital Trust: The New Rules for Business at the Speed of Light. In only his first year teaching at Oxford, he was nominated by his students and short-listed as the “Most Acclaimed Lecturer.” Says Peter Sand of MGM Resorts International, “I don’t know why Jeffrey has come back from the future to teach us how to adapt to what’s coming, but he has done so and I am grateful.”
The Closing Keynote Address
, How Do Organizations Protect the Large Silos of Information and Data In Their Care and Their Repositories
, will be presented by Mary Ellen Callahan
, Partner & Chair of Privacy and Information Governance, Jenner & Block, and former Chief Privacy Officer, US Department of Homeland Security.
Mary Ellen Callahan, Chair of Jenner & Block’s Privacy and Information Governance Practice, has unique and broad experience advising clients at the interface of privacy protection with cyber-security and national security issues. A nationally recognized privacy attorney with a decade and a half of outside counsel experience, she served as Chief Privacy Officer of the US Department of Homeland Security from 2009 to 2012. She provides advice and counsel to an array of clients in industries that include media, public health and health care, manufacturing, online retail, government contracts, energy, and other critical infrastructure sectors. Mary Ellen has been recognized by The National Law Journal as a “Trailblazer” in regulatory & compliance, and was given the Privacy Vanguard Award, the highest award in the privacy industry, by the International Association of Privacy Professionals.
Plus additional special featured speakers leading discussions of critical topics from some of the most-respected leaders in the industry:
- Mitch Farbstein, Dean, Records Management University, and Vice President, Feith
- Tony Summerlin, Senior Strategic Adviser, Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
- Dan Elam, SharePoint Author & Speaker, and Vice President, Contoural Services
- Paulette Murray, Senior Records Management Instructor, National Archives & Records Administration (NARA)
See detailed presentation descriptions & speaker bios on our speakers page.
Sessions, Topics, and Schedule
Industry Welcome Address
- The Information Lifecycle Management Puzzle
• Mitch Farbstein, Dean, Records Management University, and VP, Feith
Opening Keynote Address
- Achieving Digital Trust in Process Management & IG: A New Way of Thinking
• Jeffrey Ritter, Best-Selling Author, and Lecturer, Oxford University & Johns Hopkins University
Closing Keynote Address
- How Do Organizations Protect the Large Silos of Information and Data In Their Care and Their Repositories
• Mary Ellen Callahan, Partner & Chair of Privacy & Information Governance, Jenner & Block
See detailed presentation descriptions & speaker bios on our speakers page.
Speakers Education Theater Featured Talks
- Why Document Management/Workflow and Change Management Won’t Go Away
• Tony Summerlin, Senior Strategic Adviser, FCC
- SharePoint and Content Management: Successful Strategies for Co-Existence and Best Practices
• Dan Elam, SharePoint Author & Speaker, and Vice President, Contoural Services
- What NARA Education Can Do For You, For Both Government Agencies & Private Companies
• Paulette Murray, Senior Records Management Instructor, US National Archives (NARA)
See detailed presentation descriptions & speaker bios on our Speakers page.
Featured Speakers Town Hall Panel Q&A
- With our full complement of Industry Professional & Thought Leader speakers from throughout the day… and your questions! Moderator: Camille Tuutti, Executive Editor, NextGov Magazine
Speakers Education Theater Bridge Talks
- The Records Management Story
• Tom Edwards LTC USA (Ret.)
- The Business Process Management Story
• Tom Cashman
- The Case Management Story
• Jon Schwartz
See detailed presentation descriptions on our Speakers page.
BPM & RM Technology Lab
In the interactive, hands-on BPM & Records Management Technology Lab Pop-Up Workshop Auditorium, visit booths where we’ll showcase new technologies related to current issues and real-world needs through solutions demonstration, as well as lead discussions on each of the topics.
• Business Process & Workflow | Josh Caton with Richard Long
• Records Management | Tom Edwards with Gregory Novin
• Capture & SharePoint | Joe Friedrich with Raymond Luu
• Case Management (including FOIA & Privacy Act) | Jon Schwartz with Ashley Sukhavong
• Physical Records | Ramon McCrimmon with Todd Coulson
So much more to do and see at DC LIVE!
• Interactive Q&A sessions after each presentation
• A lively and engaging afternoon discussion and questions session with a panel featuring all of our day’s presenters on our Speakers Town Hall Panel Q&A, moderated by Camille Tuutti of NextGov Magazine
• Technology providers showcasing the latest in BPM/Workflow and Records Management solutions
• Personal discussion opportunities, chat sessions, and book signings with esteemed Industry Professionals on Speakers’ Row
• Invaluable inter- and intra-industry networking with colleagues and experts
• Full complimentary hot morning breakfast buffet and mid-day meal
• A special prize giveaway at the end of the day (federal-friendly), so be sure to stick around until the end
- 7:30a | Sign-In Begins & Tech Lab Session A (until 8:30a)
- 8:30a | WELCOME ADDRESS: Mitch Farbstein, Information Lifecycle
- 8:55a | OPENING KEYNOTE: Jeffrey Ritter, Digital Trust
- 9:45a | Tech Lab Introductions
- 10:00a | Break & Tech Lab Session B (until end-of-day)
- 10:40a | Feature Talk A: Tony Summerlin, BPM
- 11:20a | Bridge Talk A: Tom Cashman, BPM
- 11:50a | Feature Talk B: Dan Elam, SharePoint
- 12:30p | Lunch & Tech Lab Session C
- 1:20p | Bridge Talk B: Tom Edwards, Records Management
- 1:50p | Partner Discussion: Paulette Murray, NARA Education
- 2:05p | Bridge Talk C: Jon Schwartz, Case Management
- 2:35p | Break & Tech Lab Session D
- 3:00p | CLOSING KEYNOTE: Mary Ellen Callahan, Privacy & Security
- 3:30p | Featured Speakers Town Hall Panel Q&A
- 4:15p | One-on-One Meetings & Networking
See detailed presentation descriptions on our Speakers page
Continuing Education & Re-Certification Credits
The DC LIVE! Process & Records Management Conference & Expo is approved for 5 Certified Records Manager (CRM) Certification Maintenance Point (CMP) Credits from ICRM, the Institute of Certified Records Managers, and for 5 Information Governance Professional (IGP) Certification Credits, from ARMA, as an educational event with full-day attendance. (You must be present for the entire conference until conclusion to qualify for all earned credits.)
Please contact us for details on how to earn credits for attending.
You May Also Be Interested In